Work Matters at the Library
Business and Employment Support. Are you looking for a job or a career change? Are you thinking of starting your own business? With professional staff and access to a broad range of services, the library is a place to research, work and learn new skills.
What We Offer
- Free membership and Internet Access.
- Direction and help with your research
- Business and employment books, journals, newspapers, reports, wirefeeds
- eBooks, eAudio and eMagazines available through our Online Library
- PC and Internet access. Free WIFI.
- Space for meetings, study and research
- Online learning and services with access to over 500 e-learning courses available through our Online Library
- Printing, scanning and photocopying
- Workshops, presentations and networking opportunities
- Language learning
What You Can Do
- Explore career information
- Learn about support available for jobseekers
- Develop new skills to boost your CV and job application
- Search and apply for jobs in Ireland and abroad
- Research companies and potential suppliers
- Develop new skills to plan, start and grow your own business
- Research funding sources for small businesses
- Explore the market and identify potential customers
- Research your competitors
- Connect with like-minded people and share experience
Events, workshops and courses are regularly delivered through Work Matters at your local library service. Contact your local library for details of events near you.
Public libraries work in partnership with other local authority sections, government organisations and agencies as well as employment, career and business professionals